What Has Gone Wrong With Traditional Career Development
The mistakes made by a traditional HR department in career development:
- People are satisfied with jobs they excel at
- People get promoted by preset schedule or when performance standard is met
- In organization reshuffle music chair is played, i.e. key positions are filled then empty slots are filled by second grade people according to abilities.
- People demanded promotion and got moved to position with stretched responsibilities
- The Manager has no say in career development for talented people