This is the final shape of my 'old' PC.
- Motherboard 2themax with mini case and power supply (US$110)
- Seagate 160G HDD (US$60)
- PC266 512Mb RAM x 2 pieces by Kingston (US$97)
- Lite-On DVD writer (US$50)
One may argue that it would be better off buying a brand new PC for all that money I have spent so far. What's left from my old system are only a 40Gb HDD and the CPU (P4 at 1.6GHz)
PS: it's a routine now I have to repeat below tasks
- All necessary windows updates such as SP1 and SP2
- Install Office, I'm trying 2007 beta 2
- Install IE7 RC1
- Install FileZilla, best FTP tool
- Install MozBackup such that I could copy setting across from another notebook that I'm using.
- Install xampp such that I could continue developing theme and learn php in this PC.
- Install iTune
- Install PSpad, the best text editor I know
- Acrobat Reader latest version